The Vernon Township Water Authority Board meets on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00pm.

Water Authority Members:
Michael Gionti, Chairman
Robert Horvat
Michael Buzza, Vice-Chairman
Michael Burnside
Robert Franklin, Sec/Treas

Plant Operators:
Don Henderson
Cell Phone: 720-4757
Daniel C Whalen
Pump Station: 724-6240  Fax: 724-1537

Amie Steadman: 332-0803

OFFICE HOURS: 8:00 a. m. - 4:30 p.m.


The 2016 Water Authority CCR Report can be obtained at the following link:



The Water Authority has been in existence for many years, but just within the last 15 years has it actually provided Township businesses and residents with public water service. The first water lines were laid in 1991. 
The water is purchased from Meadville Area Water Authority. The cost of the water purchased by VTWA from MAWA is determined in accordance with the Bulk Water Agreement. A Consumer Confidence Report (CCR) is prepared by VTWA and sent to the Department of Environmental Protection. This mandatory report includes water quality information and water testing results for the prior year.
The tapping fees are determined by the Board and the Water Authority Engineer .
The water rates are established and approved by the Water Authority Board.

The fire hydrants in Vernon Township are installed strictly for fire protection. 
Any person or organization wishing to obtain water from the hydrants must make arrangements with the water authority prior to obtaining the water. 
Under no circumstances should any person or organization procure water from Vernon Township Water Authority lines or hydrants without making arrangements with Vernon Township Water Authority.

The hydrants that are located along the water system and are owned by Vernon Township Water Authority are maintained and inspected on a regular basis by Vernon Township Water Authority.
Businesses located in Vernon Township that have their own fire hydrants should have their hydrants maintained and inspected on a regular basis, to be sure that the hydrant is working properly if needed.
If you would like any additional information about maintenance and inspection of your fire hydrant, please call the Vernon Township Water Authority at 814-332-0803.


Navigating Pennsylvania Round-A-Bouts

  Navigating Pennsylvania Round-A-Bouts.  Watch the Video here.   
Learn More


How can I obtain a burning permit?

Burning permits are now being issued through Vernon Township Municipal Building.

Where can I obtain a copy of the Vernon Township Local Tax Return?

Starting with the first quarter of 2012. Berkheimer Associates will be collecting the local 1% wage tax for the businesses located in Vernon Township. Quarterly forms are available at

How do I rent a shelter at Roche Park?

Call the Township Secretary at 814-337-8126. The shelter may be reserved over the telephone and payment made later. Shelter 1, 2, 3, and 4 are $40.00 and Shelter #5 is $75.00.